Note: This was the exact content of the email I sent out to C4S community on June 30, 2016.
This is unusual email because I normally don’t say what I’m about to share in an email and make it long but let’s do it.
First off, I didn’t want you to think that I am going to teach you how to get rich by quit your job or something similar.
No, this is not about that at all.
Over the last few days, a lot of you emailed me asking how to run a successful KickStarter for apps or courses.
- How to learn to code and start your own side projects/startups?
- How to change your career as a programmer?
- Or how to earn passive income by making apps and selling them on stores?
Well, I’m not an expert by any means but I can SHARE my path way and hopefully you will be inspired and get your dream come true.
- We’re the same.
- We have beloved family to take care of. Bills to pay. Mortgage to worry.
- For some moment in our lives, we’re struggled.
- We’re stressed out.
- We hit the wall.
- We both want to break that freaking wall and say out loud: “Here is what I want to DOOOOOOOO!!!”
Who am I?Oh hi, I’m just an Asian guy, 32 year old, a solo founder of a 6-figure startup.
Pretty cool, huh? Let me bring you back 8 years ago to see how it all started.
2008I migrated to Australia from Vietnam. My English was terrible. I could understand what people said but no one did when I started talking. My parents spent all of their saving (over 40 years of working) PLUS money borrowed from bank to got me $47K for the tuition fee to study in Australia. At the time, to support my living cost, I was working casually in different positions: kitchen-hand, floor staff, cashier for different restaurants with $9/hour.
2009Still studying (I was studying International Finance). Got a new casual job with better pay rate – $15/h. I was selling SIM cards for mobile phone providers around shopping centrals.
(I didn’t wear Pokemon or something similar though. In case you’re curious :))
Late 2010Graduated but could not find a job in Finance area. I didn’t even get in any interviews.
I was unemployed for almost half year.
2011I decided to try my luck in IT industry and bang… I got my very first full-time job ever in Australia land. A software developer with $50K package offer. Wohooo!
2012After 9 months, I got laid off. Suck!
Late 2012Got my second full-time job ($70K) and I was working here for 3 years.
2015In March, I started Code4Startup as my side project while I was working full-time.
Honestly, I didn’t expect anything with this and I thought it was just a cool side project that I wanted to share my coding skills with others. Simple as that.
- April: I realized more and more students really wanted my courses and they were willing to pay. Ting Ting!!! From that moment, I knew I got to do something.
- September: My first KickStarter was funded successfully with $26K. Along with success from Code4Startup, I quit my job. I then moved to Silicon Valley and partnered with a business partner but the partnership didn’t work well so I backed to Melbourne.
2016Lot of success with Code4Startup.
- MRR (Monthly Recurring Revenue) passed $10K goal.
- And here we go – My 2nd KickStarter is running extremely well to support my confidence, my belief in what I am doing and the way I’ve chosen.
Tomorrow, I’m going to show you the common mistakes people make when trying to learn coding and start their own businesses and the framework I discovered for creating an online business that can change your life or your own perspective of what you can do, at least.
Soon, you’ll be able to do exactly what I’ve done. I’ll show you how :)-Leo
PS: Would love a reply back and let me know:
- What is your goal?
- Why do you want that?
- I read every single of these email :)